Friday, March 9, 2018

Die-namite Block Letters

As part of the month long Die-namite special, I'm featuring a new card and several older ones using the Block Letters. I purchased a second set of both the letters and numbers in the bundle on sale this month because...you know...sometimes you need two. Like with this card:


My colors are Linen, Lagoon, and Peacock. I cut a 1/4 inch x  12 inch strip from both Lagoon and Peacock cardstock. I trimmed them down to six pieces of 1/4 inch x 4 inch. I glued them onto a 4 x 5.25 inch rectangle of Linen cardstock, but I alternated the Lagoon and Peacock strips to take advantage of their dual tones. Using a ruler, I drew a faint pencil line so I could line up my die cuts. I secured them with Washi tape then ran the entire panel through my Cuttlebug to cut out the letters.

After gluing the Linen panel to a white card base, I glued the centers of the A and P's, using the cut out letters as guides for placement. This works much better if you have Tweezers. I waited a long time - too long - to invest in tweezers. I'm tellin' you, they make life so much easier!!

Finally, I stamped Free Cake! on the front in Peacock ink. I used tape to mask off the bottom line of the stamp, reserving it for the inside sentiment. I literally used a piece of Scotch tape over the top of my stamp, inked it, peeled off the tape (don't forget this step. I know...obvious...but you be surprised how many times I ruin a card because I forget), and stamped.

I'm always in need of masculine cards, and I think this one fits the bill.

Here are few of the other cards I've made using this stamp set. I've included links to the original blog posts for further instructions and shopping links.



(NOTE: The stamp set and coordinating die cuts retired but have been
brought back for this month's special. To purchase, click HERE.)


 
 
 
Now it's time for me to get back to work up in the writing cave. These deadlines won't meet themselves!
 
Until next time,
Becca


1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!