Friday, August 25, 2017

End of Summer Blog Hop


I got on a scrapbooking kick a couple weeks ago and started putting together layouts with pictures that are almost twenty years old. One of them was about Camas Meadows Bible Camp in Leavenworth, WA which is a place near to our family. It IS summer to us.


I used the soon to retire Jack paper and CTMH Artbooking Cricut Cartridge (everything but "CAMP") and Artistry (for "CAMP" only) with coordinating Black, Ruby, Juniper, and White Daisy Cardstock. If you have Cricut Design Space and the Artbooking Cartridge, here's the cutting file. (NOTE: If you don't also have the Artistry cartridge, just delete "CAMP" before you cut...or buy the cartridge using the link below. **Big, cheezy grin**) Color My Heart's challenge this week is Jack, so I'm joining the fun there.

On the three polaroid framed pictures along the bottom right, I saved the arrows from each frame and refit them inside one of the others. And, yes, that is underwear hanging from the rafters in the middle picture.

This is probably the busiest layout I've ever done as far as background paper, but I tried a bunch of other papers besides that buffalo print and they just didn't work. Here are a few detail shots:




I used a white gel pen to accent a few of the cuts. As you can see, I wasn't worried about being super neat with my sketchy drawing. This is a camping layout, after all!

Remember, Jack retires in a week, so be sure to check out the shopping links below. Now you're off to your next stop along the hop: Katy. You should have come from Jayma's blog, but if you get lost somewhere along the way, you can always go to Amie's blog for a full list.  I got a sneak peek at some of the projects, and you don't want to miss a single one.

Until next time,
Becca

Shopping Links:

10 comments:

  1. I think the buffalo plaid is perfect and your print mix is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca, this is so adorable. I LOVE the plaid and all of the embellishing you did. I LOVE Leavenworth - I went a couple of times when I lived in Seattle. Such a cute little town I can see how attending a camp there would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I for one am super-glad you scrapped those pics finally! The photo layout is GREAT! I love the off-kilter feel. The lettering is FAB, and those white gel pen accents are brilliant! :) (Is it crazy that I feel I have to edit my comments for punctuation and grammar on your blog???) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a great time camping! I love the arrows and the little Polaroids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful layout!! Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First I want to say how happy I am to see you scrapbooking! Not only do I get to be inspired by your cards but now I'm also inspired by your scrapbook pages! I absolutely love your combo of patterns on this layout! This is so great, Becca! I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent layout and great pictures of the mountains...thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare this week and please stop by Friday for another great color challenge. Becca, as information and if you are interested in entering other challenges, Jack is a challenge this month at Three Amigos BlogHop Challenge and there is a Heart2Heart "Camp Out" Challenge also open this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your layout. You used the Jack papers and your Cricut to give a real feel to your pages and enhance the photos memories. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this layout, Becca! Your attention to detail pulls it all together beautifully. Thank you for sharing the DS file too! I'm so glad you joined us at Color My Heart Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the layout using Jack kit........

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!