Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Altenew Simple Flowers

Most of the time I buy a set of stamps because I know immediately how I'm going to use it. Sometimes, though, I buy one because it intrigues me and I know the possibilities will unfold. Altenew's Simple Flowers falls into the second category. It's a relatively new set that showed up in my mailbox a couple days ago. Despite my writing deadlines, I needed to get inky so I looked at both of the challenges Altenew is sponsoring this month and decided to combine them.


I stamped the flowers in CTMH pigment inks Honey, Sorbet, and Smoothie. To get the overlayed sentiment, I used my MISTI to stamp Beautiful in black on the base panel, glued down the Smoothie rectangle, stamped Beautiful again, glued down the white rectangle, and stamped one more time. I white embossed "You're so" onto black cardstock, trimmed it with scissors and glued it down then added sequins to finish. The last step was to trim my base panel to 4 x 5.25 and mount it on a black 4.25 x 5.5 card.


The basic design is from Altenew's March 2017 Sketch Challenge, and the colors are from the March 2017 Inspiration Challenge.

Now I really do have to get up to my office and write. I have two deadlines which are pressing down, so fun time is over.

Until next time,
Becca

2 comments:

  1. Love your card Becca, and great job combining both Altenew challenges for the month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca, I'm really loving the few modern cards you've done recently - so different for you! You've got such a great eye :O)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!