Sunday, February 19, 2017

Souper Get Well Wishes

Some people are worth buying a whole stamp set for.  My sister-in-law is one of them.  She's undergoing treatment for cancer, so I've been sending a card here and there to cheer her along. I purchased "Recipe for Happiness" from MFT specifically so I could combine it with "The Whole Herd" (which I already had) to make this card.


Is that too cute, or what?!

The sentiment from MFT's "Recipe for Happiness" actually says, "You're Souper Cool." I stamped "Get Well Soon" from Stampin' Up in black, used my MISTI to place the "Souper", masked off the side words, inked in Cranberry (CTMH) to match the scalloped border, and stamped. The yellow background paper is also from CTMH in Sunny Yellow (long retired, so I'll be tagging the lovely Karen Day because she and I have this thing going about using up old CTMH paper). The stitched die cuts are all MFT, as are the coordinating dies for the two stamp sets used. I trimmed down the soup pot because my Copic coloring bled outside the lines.

I'm guessing this will put a smile on my SIL's face, which was the whole point...and is worth every penny!

Until next time,
Becca

4 comments:

  1. Adorable card, Becca! Yes, it's good to use up that old yet still beautiful CTMH paper!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca I think you nailed it! I was my mom's chemo angel and sent her regular wishes of cheer. God Bless you and your sister-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card, Becca! I'm sure it'll make your sister in law smile. Was this plaid from one of those packs for each colour? What were they called, Basics??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what they were called. I honestly didn't even remember this pattern as one of the "regulars," so either it was a limited time pattern for solid colors, or it came in a paper pack that I separated out at some point.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!