Thursday, March 10, 2016

Crafting on the Road

I'm staying with my son for about three weeks.  His job is a pretty overwhelming at the moment, so he asked if I would come to make sure he ate something when he got home after a LONG day.

How can a mother say no?

Anyway, this isn't my first time spending several weeks with him.  Last October, while my husband was in Korea and Japan, I came for the fun of it.  I had a great time, but I really missed being able to craft.  So, this time I brought a minimal stash of stuff expecting my son would have things like scissors and glue. 

Nope. Had to borrow them from a neighbor.  But, still, I managed well enough to be able to play along with this week's Freshly Made Sketch challenge.


I brought a stack of pigment inks from CTMH.  They're small, so I could fit a lot of colors in my bag.  I used every color in my stack on this card.  For those of you who are CTMH fans, this is the Enchantment color family.  I used two CTMH stamp sets: Shower Flowers and Happy to be Friends.

I don't like the torn and crumpled border on this card. It just doesn't fit with the crisp edges of the flowers.  However, limited supplies and a border that isn't budging means this is how the card gets mailed. WAIT...I think I fixed it.



In writing news, I finished two major projects this week: a synopsis and the first draft of a novella that comes out in November of this year in The Blue Ribbon Brides Collection.  Yay!  (Had to say that in case hubby reads the blog and thinks I'm not working. He's pouting a little because he's not getting home cooking while son is. Son has very little sympathy. It's good to be me!)

Time to get back to writing, cleaning, and cooking.  You know...the same stuff I do at home.

Until next time,
Becca

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous bouquet! I love those bright colors! So glad you joined us at FMS! Enjoy your time with your son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, bright and cheerful card! Wonderful colors and gorgeous images. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!