Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Kaleidoscope and Baby Zoo (and Farewell)

This is my last post for Mary Brooks as a design team member.  How is that even possible???  I have three cards today to show a few more ways to use the Kaleidoscope Workshop on the Go and Baby Zoo stamp set together.  I have lots of pictures today, so let's get right to it


This first card piles on the fun.  Instead of using a standard size, I cut it down to 4.25x4.25 and let my images run over the top.  It will fit in a standard A2 envelope, so you get loads of impact without having to pay for extra postage.  I used a regular black ball point pen to add the stitching.  The balloons are spaced by using a small bit of Foam Tape. I think everything else is pretty self-explanatory, but leave a comment if you have a question.


For the second card I stayed with a birthday party theme.  I stamped the lion in Canary, watered down some of the Pixie (using the squeeze the lid into the pad method explained here), used a small brush to paint over his mane and tail, used more of the Pixie to add blush to the cheeks and color the ears, and then watered down some Slate ink to create the shadow.  I used a Sharpie pen to outline the Lion and a black ball point pen to outline the mats.  I think I'd like this better if the lion had been outlined with the smaller ball point pen, too.  I love that the birth announcement stamp from Baby Zoo can be selectively inked to make a party invitation.


The last card was difficult to photograph.  I used the bow, circle border, and "congratulations" stamp from Baby Zoo with the cake building stamps from Kaleidoscope to create a wedding cake.  The patterned paper banner was given a wash of watered down Pixie ink to give it a little more muted look.  The yellow fish-tail banner at the top was created by stamping the smaller of the two cake pieces, trimming it out very close, and cutting a "V" in the bottom.  The cake stand was done by stamping in Slate ink, keeping the stamp and inkpad connected, and swiping the stamp off the edge of the inkpad.

Before I show you how many supplies I have left, here's a picture of all the cards I made this month.


Here's a picture of the supplies I have left after making them and the 15 cards that come in the kit.


To be fair, I'm a "Clean & Simple" (CAS) card maker, but even so...that's a lot of supplies after 26 cards.  There's over half of the shimmer trim roll left.  In case you aren't already convinced that you absolutely need this combo, I did a little math (using a calculator because it's safer on my brain cells). I added up the Kaleidoscope WOTG, Baby Zoo, all four ink pads, and an extra pack of White Daisy cardstock.  Then I divided by 26.  The cost per card comes to $3.12.  I dare you to find a card in the store for that much...one you'd be proud to send, that is.

Here's the list of supplies (with embedded links for your shopping convenience):
My thanks to Mary for allowing me to be her guest designer these past few months.  We are talking about a second go around, but I'll have to see what my writing schedule looks like.  I have some extraordinary news to share about a new contract, but I have to wait until the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed.  In the meantime, I hope you will take advantage of a two-day sale on my Christmas novella, "Letters from Santa," which will be FREE on Christmas Day and the day after Christmas.

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!

Until next time,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!