Thursday, November 12, 2015

White Pines and Artfully Sent

This week for design team duties for Mary Brooks, I'm combining the White Pines Workshop on the Go with the Artfully Sent Cricut cartridge to stretch a Christmas theme set a little.  As promised last week, I've used the wreath.


This card has a very spring-like feel, which is quite lovely when it's -15 outside!


This card is almost a repeat of the above one, but I wanted to show you both the Artfully Sent "Picture My Life" cut and the banner, because between these two, you can cover a lot of greeting card occasions.  I also wanted to show this second variation because, if you don't have Artfully Sent, you can use this same layout and substitute a straight banner you cut yourself with a stamped greeting on it like what's on the third card in this post.  The bow and banner are on p. 16 and are cut at 2" W and 4.85" W respectively.  I used ShinHan Markers to create a little depth on the bow and covered it with Liquid Glass for texture and shine.  The only "accessory" not listed below is the sewing around the edges of the top panel.  I use white stitching a lot to add interest without adding bulk to my cards.  If you don't have a sewing machine, the Stitch Guide would also work.


This one goes back to Christmas, but any sentiment could be stamped inside the wreath to change the occasion.  I used Cranberry colors on this one, but I can see this in either of the color schemes above for spring and fall.

Here's the supply list (with embedded links for your shopping convenience):
  • Stamps: White Pines Cardmaking WOTG 
  • Paper: Cranberry, Fern, Canary (from Whimsy Paper Fundamentals), Kraft
  • Ink: Fern, Cranberry, Cashmere, Crystal Blue, CanaryTopiary, Sunset, Poppy, Eggplant
  • Accessories: Artfully Sent Cricut CartridgeFern Thick Twine (comes in WOTG), Liquid Glass, Foam Tape, Bonding Memories Glue, ShinHan Mahogany Marker, ShinHan Clay Marker

  • I'm not sure what's coming next week. I think I'll see how many challenges I can play along with.

    Until next time,
    Becca

    1 comment:

    Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!