Monday, April 27, 2015

Miss You

Have I mentioned I'm trying to use up scraps?  This week's challenge over at Heart2Heart is "Anything Goes."  With a theme like that, I was encouraged to pull out both old and new to come up with something for a friend whom I'm missing quite a bit right now.


Everything is CTMH. The rose and leaves are from an old wood-mounted set that I think is called "Forever Roses." The sentiment is from "Artfully Sent," and the background is "Banner Wishes," both of which are current.  The paper is old--really, really old--but still vibrant.  It's been fun to mix and match with products from different decades.  I have always loved these roses, but it's I've never felt like my coloring did them justice until recently.  Non-CTMH stuff is the coloring and accents. I used Copic markers and some corsage pins from Hobby Lobby.

New toy alert!!  I purchased a camera on a few days ago.  With our upcoming move to Alaska, I wanted a good one before we left.  We are driving from Oklahoma to Washington to see family then up to Fairbanks.  Yep...driving the whole way.  It will take us ten or eleven days with tons of fabulous scenery along the way.  That was a good reason, don't you think?  Better pictures of my cards is an added bonus!

Until next time,
Becca

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Becca! If it makes you feel any better--I have those old stamps and papers, too! Your coloring skills are amazing....
    :) Marie
    p.s. a move to a new place is definitely a reason to buy a new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love banner wishes behing the rose. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love the vibrant colours, sometimes simple is so striking...basic red, white and black! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

    Brandi R
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!