Thursday, October 9, 2014

Home for the Holidays

This month for my design team duties over at StampinBuds.com, I'm featuring the Pathfinding paper packet with a variety of stamps.  Today, I'd like to stretch the very Fall patterned paper into Christmas using the Stamp of the Month: Home for the Holidays.


I used the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge which coordinates with the stamp set to create two tags, one from white cardstock and one from the blue Pathfinding paper. There are lots of extra details on this card, one of which is the double matting of the main focal panel. 
 
Here's the card without the second matte.  I still have the paper pierced edge, the dot embossed bottom, that little edging of patterned paper (more on that in a moment), and the extra embellishments. It works, but that extra matte adds so much without adding bulk.  It's a technique to try, at any rate, if you are looking at your card and it's striking you as so-so but you don't know how to fix it.
As for that little strip of patterned paper, it came from the leftovers after cutting my tag.  Here's the shot of it straight off my cutting mat.  I trimmed off whatever would show above the Chocolate dot embossed stripe and glued it to the Glacier cardstock.
 
I should have sponged the edges of this little strip like I did with the tag itself, but I didn't think of it until after it was glued down.  Oops.  Live and learn, right?
 
The last tip I have for you is about the strings of the Baker's Twine on the two tags.  I didn't leave their flow to chance.  Those puppies are adhered with Liquid Glass where they cross and at the peak of their height.
 
As always, leave me a comment if you have questions about anything and then be sure to check back for answers.
 
Until next time,
Becca

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card! I have yet to use my piercing tool for this type of decorative border. I really love how that little patterned paper adds so much.....consider it lifted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Nancy on this one! LOVE it and I'll be lifting it, also! Be looking for it in different papers/colors! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!