Saturday, August 9, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps, Day 6

Although I have been watching the videos, I've not been keeping up with my Stretch Your Stamps 2 homework.  Since I had some time today, I combined several of the techniques for Day 6 on how to stretch outline stamps with this card.


Of the four ideas presented, I used the following three: no outline coloring, cropping a larger image onto a smaller workspace, and the layout from stamping on something other than paper.

I love how this card turned out...but how can you go wrong when shamelessly CASEing the amazing Debby Hughes?

The sunflower stamp is retired from CTMH as is the green patterned paper.  Actually, I stamped over top of patterned paper using a large background stamp from Stampin' Up! for one of the first days of class and hated it.  After cropping it down, it worked great as a background.  The torn notebook page and matching stamp for lines is CTMH from the Artiste Cricut collection.  I'm not sure where the die-cut sentiment is from.  I think I cut a bunch when I had the free trial period from my Cricut Explore.  If someone knows where it's from, please leave a comment and I'll add the information back in. 

I used Copic markers to color the flower, die cut sentiment (which is actually a dark green rather than black), and the small sequins.  Liquid Glass went over top of the sentiment and attached the sequins and Baker's Twine.

Tim Holtz distress stain in Peeled Paint watered down was flicked across the back panel.  I've noticed the Debby Hughes seems to add a touch of texture or color to all her backgrounds before she builds the rest of the card on top.  It's subtle--really subtle--so I'd not even noticed it before.  I got too much color on what I intended to be the bottom part of the background panel.  It took an embarrassing amount of time to realize I could simply turn the panel upside down and hide the bulk of the distress stain behind the three papers.

Now for my big tip.  I have learned a new technique that allows me to keep from messing up my Liquid Glass when I add it as an accent like I did over the sentiment.  If I clean up my desk and put all my stamps, embellishments, and ink pads away, it miraculously seems to be just enough time for the Liquid Glass to dry.  Amazing!!

Until next time,
Becca

12 comments:

  1. Stunning card...your coloring of the sunflower is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow You did a great job with Debby's inspiration. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Beautiful work, going to go check them out! I now am recieving your updates by mail. See you around, hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come back and tell me what you think of class. I think you will feel like you got more than your money's worth. :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous coloring on the sunflower. Like how you put the card together too! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In class too, this is wonderful. Just love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work in the SYS2 gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Copic skills are amazing! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done, Becca, and I just had to stop by and leave a comment. Saw this on Pinterest, and I have always loved this CTMH sunflower image. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!