Friday, August 22, 2014

Good Times with Color My Heart

This week at Color My Heart, we are challenging you to use two colors which have stood the test of time: Olive and Smokey Plum.


This was a pretty easy card to do.  I temporarily stuck down a circle and used my sponge daubers to swipe color.  I started on my circle and swiped outward to achieve the streaked look.  I started with Olive and left room for the Smokey Plum next.

I used Spray Pens with water and re-inkers but didn't spray.  Instead, I took the nozzle off and tapped the end against my palm to splatter both colors.  After removing my circle mask, I carefully inked "good" in Smokey Plum, turned my stamp around and carefully inked "TIMES" in Olive, and (after giving my stamp a huff to refresh the ink) stamped inside my circle.

Of course, at the very last instant, my hand wiggled and my sentiment ended up off-kilter.  I had planned to add only one banner. Instead, I added the Smokey Plum banner at an angle that was even with my wonky sentiment, then added a second banner in Olive at an even wonkier angle.  It still bugs me, but my Design Team buddies assured me it almost looked like I planed it that way.  Love those ladies!!

All the stamping was done with the "Good Times" set that comes in the Artbooking Cricut collection.  The stripe on the Olive banner is the notebook paper stamp turned sideways.

I used the same basic layout as I did on this card.

With all the new, fun papers and colors in the CTMH Annual Inspirations catalog that came out at the beginning of the month, it's fun to sometimes be reminded to use those "tried and true" colors.

Until next time,
Becca

3 comments:

  1. What awesome techniques (and a beautiful card)! I'll have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and I think there are several new techniques for me here! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!