Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Watercolor Bonus Day

Quick post because I need to go meet my brainstorming partner at Starbucks in order to polish up some proposals for submission.  I watched the videos for the Bonus Day from Online Card Classes: Watercolor for Card Makers and decided to try the one where you emboss a background and then put it through a watercolor wash for a background.


I used Tim Holtz Distress ink in Wild Honey and added drops of CTMH Cranberry and Hollyhock then spritzed it with water.  This took more water than I anticipated.  You really have to get it soaking wet.  Instead of using a score board as shown in the example video to create a raised background, I ran watercolor paper through an embossing folder.

I loved the messy thread in the background, so I took three different colors that matched my background and smushed them all together.  The "hello" was cut with my Cricut.  I added some sequins and a few white pearls colored with Copic R22 to turn them pink.

Off to Starbucks with my new Gold Card (oh, yeah!).  Hopefully the caffeine will jumpstart my brain from card making creativity to character making creativity.

Until next time,
Becca

2 comments:

  1. Great card, I love the color combos. Thanks for adding the instruction link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, so bright and cheerful! You did great with these inks :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!