Friday, May 9, 2014

Home is...

Are you loving the RV/Camper trend this year?  So many fun images.  I used Camper Crazy from CTMH for this week's Color My Heart Challenge using Cranberry, Honey, Juniper, and Twilight.


I took waaaaaay longer to get this card done than needed.  But, when you have to do a close up of your card, it's best if you haven't got a bunch of smears.  A bunch!  Then I just fussed and fussed some more.  Good thing it turned out this cute!!

Here's the supply list (CTMH in italics):
  • Stamps: Camper Crazy
  • Ink: Cocoa and Juniper
  • Cardstock: Cranberry and Honey (paper pieced bottom of camper and windows)
  • Marking pens: Honey, Twilight, Cocoa, and Copic W3 (gray)
  • Accessories: Sanding Kit, Liquid Glass, Sponge Daubers, white gel pen, heart punch, large deckle edge scissors
I think everything is pretty self-explanatory, but here are some things you might not be able to see:  1) the Honey marking pen was used under the Honey cardstock windows because it's really difficult to cut those teensy, tiny pieces; 2) the Liquid Glass is over the Twilight colored banners (didn't even TRY to cut those out of cardstock); and 3) the camper is stamped on the card base and a second, decorated one was mounted over top using foam tape.

The little flag coming off the back was one of those trying-to-cover-a-flub things that worked out to be perfect.  If you look closely, you'll see a place where I got Cocoa ink on the edge of my acrylic block.  When I stamped "HOME is," a bit of it got right under where that red flag is now.  I was going to cover it with the flag, but it looked better higher.  I hand-drew the flag pole with my Cocoa marker.  I got the red flag from the camper image I had stamped in Cocoa on Cranberry cardstock.  It's the awning that's on the right side of the camper with little ruffles hanging off.  I cut off the ruffles and flipped the awning upside down.

The sentiment comes as one block of text.  I cut it in half to separate the saying.  If I were to do this over again, I would stamp "HOME" by itself on the top, and add "is" to the bottom strip of words.  But, after as much time as it took to get this done, I wasn't about to start over again.

As this post goes up, I am on a plane heading back from my mother-daughter trip to Paris.  And, no, we didn't stay in an RV!

Until next time,
Becca

1 comment:

  1. Definitely worth the effort, Becca - this card is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!