Thursday, March 27, 2014

No Limits Timberline

Happy Thursday, everyone.  Here's my fourth Timberline Workshop on the Go for DrPhilScraps.com

If you were here a couple weeks ago, you are aware that my daughter's in-laws only have one fatal flaw...they like to camp. :)  I wanted to do this paper package justice and do something nice for their family, so I asked for pictures of one of their recent camping trips.  Here's the second page I've created for them:


I used Cricut Artbooking to cut the photo frames and woodgrain overlay.  For the fires, I backed the wood part with scraps from Timberline and stamped Goldrush paper with Goldrush ink using the diamond pattern from Geometric Background. Using that same technique, I backed the chevrons on the main photo using scraps from two different background papers of Timberline.  I took the cut outs of the chevrons and used them around the main photo to add detail. 

I wasn't just playing with throwing more and more stuff around that main photo.  The picture is only 4x6.  It needed to be made visually bigger to balance the three photos on the right. 

Here are a couple more details to notice:
  • The pictures on the right side of the page were cut down to 3x5.  To adjust the photo frame accordingly, I adjusted my Cricut dial size to 9".  I still had to play around in Cricut Craft Room to get the right size.  In hindsight, I should have left the pictures at 4x6 to lay the photo frame over the top and still have edges to glue.  It was quite fussy when the opening was the exact size of the photo edges.
  • The "NO LIMITS" was stamped on White cardstock for an earlier project and didn't get used.  Instead of starting over to use the Colonial White cardstock, I sponged Twilight along the edges and Goldrush in the middle.  I cut it at an angle between words and used a ruler to line up the bottom edge.  Talk about streeeeeeeeeeeetching your stamps!!
  • The square polka-dot frame and round houndstooth accent are from the Irresistables Frames included in the Timberline WOTG.  I sponged them with Twilight.
  • The fire inside the polka-dot frame is a leftover piece from one of the frames stamped in Goldrush (over Colonial White).  To really make it all coordinate, I should have done that in Goldrush over Goldrush but I was too lazy.
  • The small accents from True to Life were stamped in Twilight over scraps of the woodgrain pattern.
  • And the use of scraps continues with the pieces of various patterns and zip strips along the bottom left.
Yeah...I have a thing about using every, last scrap.  I also have a thing about that Chocolate Woodgrain Washi tape.  How can you live without it?  Especially with this set!

Until next time (when I get to reveal the big April special),
Becca

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!