Thursday, February 13, 2014

Some Kind of Wonderful

Happy Thursday, everyone.  I'm here with my second CTMH Balloon Ride post for DrPhilScraps.com.  Today I am working with just the paper and the stickers...which aren't stickers but chipboard punch outs.  Using the layout from page 76 of the CTMH Cricut Artbooking cartridge as a guide, I came up with this scrapbook page:



But it comes with a confession: I am a paper hog; I do not like to waste a single scrap.  So, when I saw the dimensions of the banner, I used a scrap piece of Twilight cardstock which looked awfully close.  (Although Twilight is not listed as a featured color with Balloon Ride, it coordinates perfectly.)  I laid it out very carefully on my cutting mat but was off by 1/4 inch.  Thus there are no points on my banner.  However, since they were symmetrical, I decided to go with it.  Gives it character, right?

Because the accessories are chipboard, there were tiny spots along the edges once they were punched out of the sheet.  They came off very easily with my sanding kit.

Artbooking isn't just for cutting.  The layouts can be used as guides for all kinds of projects if you are willing to think a little outside the box.

Until next time,
Becca



February special
 
screenshot34

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!