Thursday, August 8, 2013

More Sympathy

Most of the time, I create cards using challenges because I can always put them in my stash for later if it's not something I can use right away.  Today, I need a sympathy card and none of the challenges were "speaking" to me.  What was speaking to me was purple.  So I used a double vellum technique I learned at Summer Card Camp 2 for this:


The background stamps are CTMH, the sentiment is Stampin' Up.  All of them have long retired.  Also from CTMH:  Slate ribbon, white waxy flax, Pansy Purple and Petal ink, Mirror Platinum embossing powder.

The sentiment says, "What the heart as once owned and had, it shall never lose ~Henry Ward Beecher".  In one, short sentence, Beecher sums up both the joy and pain of loss while managing to convey hope. 

Until next time,
Becca

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!