Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Hearts and Prayers

For about a week, I have been putting off this card.  It's for a friend who lost her twenty-year-old son ten days ago.  He left for his Sr. year of college and, three days later, died in his sleep.  There are no words.  There just are no words.

As I've followed her updates on Facebook, she mentioned that her son liked bright colors.  I pulled out some older Art Impressions stamps for this:


No challenges today, but here's the supply list:
  • CTMH:
    • ink: Pansy Purple, Cocoa, Pacifica, Sunset, Honey, and Topiary
    • paper: Pansy Purple, Honey
  • Fiskars: Deckle Edge Scissors
  • Art Impressions stamps: D-1737 (flower pot), F-1723 and AA-1510 (green vines), AA-1366 (yellow flowers), AAA-1368 (blue flowers), AAA-1376 (orange flowers), and AA-1373 (purple flowers)
  • Stampin' Around: Sentiment
  • Sizzix: Embossing folder
  • Hobby Lobby: lace and watercolor paper
These images were designed to be stamped on watercolor paper then brushed or dotted with water to bleed the ink and create the illusion of a hand-painted scene.

I'm still struggling with what to write in the inside.  Again, there just are no words.

Until next time,
Becca

1 comment:

  1. Becca,
    I'm new to your blog - but just have to ask, do you have a degree in graphic arts? You have such a sense of color and placement! I absolutely LOVE everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) that you do! This card, for example, with the ruffled yellow circle mat, and the "ruffled" look of the wildflowers - the way the purple flowers echo the purple design paper (embossed paper?). And the lace scallop is just the right touch to bring balance! It's amazing and beautiful! Ok - I'm still working my way backwards in your blog - oooo-ing and ahhhh-ing all the way! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!