Thursday, January 31, 2013

Color Dare - Random

When you sign on to a design team, you are going to get stretched.  But you know you're really in for it when the owner of the Color My Heart blog puts out this e-mail, "Okay, kids, this is going to be a hard one. I chose these colors at random and I dare you to make something pretty out of them:  Twilight, Juniper, Goldrush, Cotton Candy, Gypsy, and Ruby."  To which I say, "Ha!  Take this!"

 
 
I cut everything using the Art Philosophy cartridge (flowers at 2"; centers at 3/4").  The flowers were stamped in their coordinating colors using the script from Universal Background (love that set!) and all edges were sponged with their coordinating colors.  The flower centers were stamped in White Daisy using A Posy (retired, but you can use any solid circle).  The Ruby centers were punched and then topped with Glitz Red Glitter Gel. You might not be able to see it well, but the background leaves were cut in Juniper with an overlay of Goldrush.  Again, these are coordinated cuts from Art Philosophy.  The stems on the larger Juniper leaves was stamped with the stem from A Posy and then sponged around the edges.  To get the leaf shapes, I actually stamped the leaf from A Posy on the back side of the cardstock and cut them out with regular scissors.
 
The sentiment is from For Every Occasion and is stamped in Twilight.  I sponged the edges of the background cardstock in Goldrush and sewed it to a Kraft card using a combination of straight and zig-zag stitches.
 
Now, I must give credit where credit is due.  I totally stamplifted this idea from Betsy Veldman's blog.  I tried to find the exact link for you but couldn't.  You might have noticed my tendency to stamplift.  But isn't that the whole point of blog hopping?  My secret weapon is OneNote by Microsoft.  I copy and paste idea after idea, categorized by stamp set, technique, and theme so I always have inspiration at my fingertips.  However, I never want to stamplift an idea without giving credit to the original creator.
 
For those of you interested in the nitty-gritty, the cut shapes can be found on the following pages of the Art Philosophy booklet:  circle, p. 21; branch/branch overlay, p. 35; flower, p.57; decorative circle, p. 61.  As always, leave me a comment if you have any questions.
 
Until next time,
Becca
 

6 comments:

  1. What a perfect card, Becca! And you are hilarious! I especially like your tone-on-tone stamping and the way you did the flower centers with the glitter gel. At first I thought those were little gems or buttons! You fooled me! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! What a happy bunch of colours this turned out to be! I love the flowers stamped with the script, and the splash of Ruby in the centres.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the flowers stamped with script!!! You are a very respectful artist to always give credit--I wish everyone would as well. You did a fantastic job making it yours! :) (I am going to have to look into that one note thing....)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an excellent card that showcases all the colors. What a nice get well card. The flowers with the universal background script. I so enjoy your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card, Becca! You did a great job of using all these colors--I also liked how you stamped the flowers with script--a very nice touch!

    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, how I love your card! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!