Monday, December 3, 2012

Tea Makes Everything Better

I love tea. I can't stand coffee, but I make up for it with my love of tea. When I heard about a friend going through a rough patch with a disease flare up, I wanted to make her a feel better card.  Not a get well card, mind you, because this is not something from which you recover.  It's something that comes and goes with varying degrees of disruption.  So, I decided to send her some tea because--as the English have known for years--tea makes everything better.

 The image is "Feeling Rosy" from House Mouse colored with Prismacolor pencils; B&T is old CTMH. I made my own pins by adding beads to sewing pins.

The ribbon is one of my favorites (purchased from Hobby Lobby) and I'm almost out of it. Eeek!  Time to do another HL run, although they are extremely dangerous.

Can you see the shimmer on the cup (below)? I didn't want to cover the entire image with liquid glass to give it that porcelain look, but I did want it to have a little bit of shine.
 
This loosely follows the Mojo Monday Sketch 270. Loosely. But that's the beauty of sketches.
 

 
Whether you drink tea or not, little Miss Rosy is sure to bring a smile even when you aren't feeling so hot.

Until next time,
Becca


2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!