Thursday, August 16, 2012

U + me

I have a confession to make:  I am addicted to Pinterest.  So are you.  Don't bother to deny it.
And if you have paid any attention, you've noticed the chalkboard trend.  Everything is being turned into a chalkboard from serving trays to on-the wall-calendars.  With the "School" challenge over at CASology, I had the perfect excuse to use my 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby and purchase some chalkboard spray paint.

I used chipboard banners which came in the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge bundle I purchased last year, sprayed them with two coats of paint, let them dry overnight (probably the hardest part of this whole card), and stamped using two different alphabet sets from CTMH:  A Typeface and Believe Caps.  The plus and equal signs were made using the "I" from A Typeface.

Can you see the chalkboard dust?  It's actually cornstarch out of my embossing buddy.  I used CTMH White Daisy ink and it wasn't drying.  Yes...I should have used my StazOn ink, but I don't have the cleaning solution. You know how that goes.  Besides, the chalkboard dust is sortof cool.

The whole can cost $7.99 (without the coupon), and I have plenty left for future projects.  Now, I am aware I could have achieved the same effect by just cutting black banners or inking the banners in black ink, but this is a SCHOOL challenge. I know it's chalkboard paint, and you know it's chalkboard paint, and that's what matters!

I don't have a huge need for school-themed cards.  My "babies" just turned 24 and 26.  But I am putting together a stash of cards for Operation Write Home, so I thought I'd make this card a little more general for them.

Time to get to work.  I need to create a One-Sheet for the ACFW Conference next month.  Basically, it's the blurb on the back of a book cover to create enough interest for someone to lay down their hard-earned cash. 
Until next time,
Becca

4 comments:

  1. Who me? Addicted to Pinterest? lol! Great card - love the use of the real chalkboard - and congrats on being patient enough to let them dry - that's the part that always ends up with me getting smudgy! lol! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally worth the effort! The chalk dust looks awesome and I love the twine bows. Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an amazing card...love the chalkboard banner you created! thanks for playing along with CASology (and nope... i'm not addicted to pinterest... i think i'm the only one, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet card ~ especially with the real chalkboard paint!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. You bless me!